Date Added: 8 November 2022
: 28 November 2022
Job Title: General Administrator
Working For: Roz McCall MSP (Mid-Scotland and Fife)
Salary: Part Time (14.8 hours a week): £8,388 - £9,726 (FTE £20,972 to £24,314) in line with agreed pay ranges
Length of Contract: Permanent
Roz McCall MSP (Mid-Scotland and Fife) is looking for a proactive and highly organised individual to join her team in the Scottish Parliament. The role is on a part-time basis working the member’s local office in Dunfermline.
You'll need to have the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The capacity to work as part of a team but have high self-motivational skills. A conscientious work attitude is essential and flexibility to work practices are needed due to the fast moving, everchanging position of politics.
Duties will include:
• General Office Support for the Office manager
• Responsible for the post and online inbox, including correct distribution of incoming mail.
• Ensuring responses to emails are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintaining office records in compliance with GDPR
• Providing administration assistance to the Office Manager
• General communication and correspondence
• Strong organisational/administrative and IT skills with good attention to detail.
• Must be a quick learner and be able multitask and work within tight timescales.
• Good initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Be a self-starter and be able to work proactively at pace.
• Ability to relate well to people
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to work well in a small team.
• Knowledge of Scottish political scene desirable.
• The ability to fully support the Member in carrying out their parliamentary duties
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 November 2022
Interviews will be scheduled at a mutually agreeable time after the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering statement of no more than one side of A4, showing how you meet the above criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org