Date Added: 10 November 2022
: 25 November 2022
Job Title: Executive Officer/ Senior Executive Officer
Working For: Dr Caroline Johnson MP (Sleaford & North Hykeham)
Salary: Within IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Dr Caroline Johnson MP is looking to recruit a full-time member of staff to join her team in her Westminster Office in an Executive Officer/ Senior Executive Officer position dependent on experience.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, have a willingness to work together to support the team and be competent in their use of IT.
The role will include responding to enquiries from constituents and handling administrative arrangements for the MP and the office. An understanding of current affairs and sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party is essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Opening, handling and actioning email, post, and social media enquiries
• Engaging professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, emails and face to face
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with data protection legislation
• Handle administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
• Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
• Assisting the MP with queries and drafting responses
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel to the constituency occasionally (expenses covered)
The successful applicant should have:
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Confidence and good communication skills
• The ability to work independently and as part of the team
• A discreet approach to working in compliance with GDPR
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 November 2022
Closing time: 12 noon
Interviews as soon as possible. A candidate may be employed before the closing date so early application is encouraged. The selected candidate will ideally start as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should send a CV and tailored cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Executive Officer Application’