Date Added: 10 November 2022
: 4 December 2022
Job Title: Public Affairs and Campaigns Officer - Northern Ireland
Working For: Stroke Association
Location: Northern Ireland (homebased)
Salary: circa £30,975 per annum
Length of Contract: 12 months (maternity cover)
Reporting to the Public Affairs and Campaigns Manager, you will deliver our organisation’s integrated public affairs and campaigning activity in Northern Ireland. You will plan, develop and deliver effective and strategic influencing activity to help achieve our team objectives on key issues impacting people affected by stroke in Northern Ireland.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering public affairs activity and stakeholder engagement in Northern Ireland to support the organisation’s influencing priorities.
- Tracking and logging stakeholder contact and take primary responsibility for the management of political stakeholders in Northern Ireland.
- Providing political monitoring and horizon scanning in Northern Ireland.
- Planning and implementing campaigns and advocacy activities – both online and offline - that help to secure long-term improvements for those affected by stroke.
- Attending, and supporting others to attend, meetings and events representing the Stroke Association, including developing high-quality briefings.
- Supporting the joined-up working approach with the public affairs and campaigns activity happening across the UK.
You will have:
- Some experience of national or local level influencing, campaigning, and advocacy.
- A solid understanding of the Northern Ireland and UK political and health context.
- Experience of undertaking policy analysis and horizon-scanning.
- And the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of developing briefings for a range of audience.
- To fulfill the role, you must be resident in the UK and have the right to work in the UK.
This role will require regular travel around Northern Ireland and occasional travel to the rest of the UK including overnight stays.
More information and the Role Profile are available here: https://www.stroke.org.uk/jobs/public-affairs-and-campaigns-officer-northern-ireland
Closing Date: 4 December 2022
This advert closes at midnight on the closing date.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 13 December 2022. Interviews will be held via video conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application.
Please submit your CV and supporting statement of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the person specification and what you bring to the role in terms of your skills and experience to email@example.com.
Please refer to the Role Profile in your application, it can be found on this page: https://www.stroke.org.uk/jobs/public-affairs-and-campaigns-officer-northern-ireland