Date Added: 11 November 2022
: 6 December 2022
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Protect (Whistleblowing Advice) Ltd
Salary: £27,000 to £28,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are looking for a an enthusiastic, organised, creative and pro-active Comms and Events Officer to lead on our internal and external communications and engagement activities. This would include creating engaging content, digital, on social media and on the website, monitor and oversee Protect’s social media presence and digital impact, coordination of website content, design and event promotion.
You will work with the Protect’s senior management team to deliver engaging events and content that promote the work of the charity. There is huge potential in this role to make it your own and help to shape it as it grows.
Founded in 1993 Protect has individually advised more than 45,000 whistleblowers and worked with thousands of organisations to set up effective whistleblowing arrangements. We strive to make whistleblowing work for individuals, organisations and society. Our aim is to protect the public interest by helping workers to speak up to stop harm and wrongdoing.
- Help create and deliver on Protect’s media strategy to grow the charity’s public profile
- Help create media and communication design and campaign for Protect’s products
- Assess campaign performance by gathering and analysing metrics and communicate campaign engagement
- Monitor media outlets and social media for opportunities for Protect to grow its profile
- Create and edit engaging web content, media and press statements
- Be the logistical lead for Protect’s events, working with the Senior Management Team to plan, manage and deliver events including webinars, roundtables and conferences.
- Brief Protect spokespersons for media interview and appearances at events.
You will have:
- Experience using content management systems and editing, updating and overseeing web content
- Excellent copywriting skills with experience writing across multiple communications mediums for multiple audiences
- Content creation skills or experience for example in photography, video production, podcasts or live streaming
- Experience managing and growing social media channels
- Experience planning, organising and delivering events
Reports to: Legal Director with dotted line to Head of Policy
Closing Date: 6 December 2022
Closing time: 11:59pm
Interview date: 12 December 2022
Fill out our application form on Applied: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/eaucwfujrh