Date Added: 11 November 2022
: 24 November 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Tahir Ali MP (Birmingham, Hall Green)
Location: Birmingham Hall Green
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Tahir Ali MP is looking to appoint a constituency Caseworker, based in his constituency office. Applications for both full-time and part-time roles are welcome.
Acting as the first port of call for all enquiries into the office, you will play a critical role in providing helpful advice on and active solutions to constituents’ concerns. A high-level of written, spoken English and a professional telephone manner are essential.
The role will be focussed on the management of constituency casework, as well as developing an in-depth knowledge of the Birmingham Hall Green constituency. Flexibility to undertake some evening and weekend work is desirable. There is a requirement to work flexibly, particularly during election periods. Work may take place away from the constituency office, including at Westminster.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Dealing with queries from members of the public by telephone,email and in person.
• Logging all cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
• Attending constituency meetings and surgeries as appropriate and representing the MP when necessary.
• Undertaking general administrative tasks, inc:- photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence.
• Managing own caseload and progressing casework, ensuring all cases are updated with any actions taken, and outstanding queries are followed up, with urgent and complex cases reported to the Office Manager.
• Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner.
• Managing projects under the direction of the MP or Office Manager.
• Assisting the MP with other duties as required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong customer service mindset.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A good team player.
The following skills are required:
• A good understanding of the British political system, including local government.
• An understanding of the constituency and local issues.
• A strong understanding of Microsoft Office software.
• An understanding of the need for confidentially and working in line with GDPR Regulations.
The following skills are preferred:
• Knowledge and understanding of languages spoken within the Constituency.
• Knowledge of caseworker.mp. system.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 November 2022
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis during November / December. A January start date is strongly preferred. An appoint may be made before the deadline for applications if the right candidate is identified. Interviews will be held in person.
Please send a copy of your CV and a short covering letter (no more than one A4 page) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Job Application – Constituency Caseworker'.