Date Added: 11 November 2022
: 5 December 2022
Job Title: Senior Policy and Networks Manager
Working For: London Higher
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
London Higher, a membership organisation representing over 40 publicly funded universities and higher education institutions in London, is looking for a passionate and proactive Senior Policy and Networks Manager to work alongside our CEO to lead on London Higher’s policy and research work and to be a prominent voice for London HE.
The Senior Policy and Networks Manager will play a key role in gathering intelligence, analysing and interpreting evidence, and becoming an external face for the organisation, communicating policy positions to government and other relevant external stakeholders. In conjunction with this, the post holder will build and maintain our ever-closer London Higher community, regularly bringing together London HE colleagues though our core networks, to listen to and discuss key issues and create impactful outputs for the sector and London Higher’s members.
This role would suit an experienced and enthusiastic policy officer who is looking to progress their career through a prominent position in London HE.
If you feel your skills and experience match the below, we would love to hear from you:
- A drive to develop a public profile in higher education policy through blogs, reports and presentations;
- A proven ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to learn and develop policy areas of interest;
- Ability to gather and interpret quantitative and qualitative evidence from a wide range of sources, analyse the main findings and ascertain the implications for policy;
- Ability to understand the wider public policy environment, identify the motivations and needs of different stakeholders, and the policy issues;
- Ability to build positive and constructive relationships with London Higher colleagues and externally, with individuals across a range of skills and seniority;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications across a range of audiences; and
- Experience of convening and hosting groups or networks.
Familiarity with higher education issues and/or London would be an advantage but is not essential.
For further information about this exciting role and for details on how to apply please visit the London Higher Website: https://londonhigher.ac.uk/about/jobs/
Closing Date: 5 December 2022
Closing time for applications is 17:00
Interviews are scheduled to be held on Monday 12 and Tuesday 13 December 2022. Regrettably we will be unable to offer alternative dates if you are unable to attend on this date due to the work commitments of the interviewing panel.