Date Added: 11 November 2022
: 9 December 2022
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: Mims Davies MP (Mid Sussex)
Location: Constituency Office in Burgess Hill
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Initial 3 months
You should have the ability to work in a fast-paced office with a high volume of constituent enquiries. A systematic approach, attention to detail, ability to take on new processes & knowledge topics alongside existing local knowledge of Mid Sussex is essential.
• Respond to enquiries by telephone, e mail & social media, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate.
• Ensure all approaches are properly logged, undertake research from readily available sources when drafting replies for approval & issuing of responses.
• Contribute to preparation of media articles for issue to press outlets, the Member’s website & social media accounts.
• Support Parliamentary Assistant with arrangements for events which may include: venue research & bookings; compiling & managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; & providing on-the-day event support as required.
• Assist with the work of other colleagues if & when required & communicate appropriately with internal & external contacts.
• Contribute to organisation & delivery of mass constituency communication projects
• Organise & attend meetings & take minutes when requested.
• This is not a 9-5 role and will require you to work different/flexible hours to meet the demands of Parliamentary business, including outside of normal working hours on occasion.
• Occasional travel to the Westminster office.
• Confident and articulate written & verbal communication skills, able to use IT including Microsoft Office (Min: Word, Outlook) & aptitude to work with database systems.
• Excellent personal presentation, time management & organisational skills, including the ability to work under pressure, prioritise & meet tight deadlines.
• Common sense, sound judgement & analytical approach.
• Ability to deal with enquiries in a confidential, accurate & systematic manner in line with Data Protection legislation.
• Can work effectively in a small team & adapt to changing & evolving needs of the role.
• Experience working in an office environment is desirable but not essential.
• Commitment to aims &values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 December 2022
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the closing date if the right candidate is identified sooner.
As a starter business administration role we encourage applications from those new to an office environment or seeking a return to work alongside existing caring responsibilities or who are in part-time education. This is a full-time role, but part-time hours would considered for the right candidate.
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for this role to Mrs Sarah Davies at email@example.com. Please include ‘Administrative Officer’ in the title of your email.
References will be taken prior to appointment.