Date Added: 14 November 2022
: 9 December 2022
Job Title: Communications Manager
Working For: Denford Associates
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are looking to hire a talented Communications Manager to join our team at Denford Associates. This is an exciting role for an energetic and tenacious individual. You will be working across a range of clients, providing support to generate and place positive stories and comment pieces.
You will have considerable experience of working with a range of media outlets and feel comfortable dealing with both proactive and reactive PR. You will be a skilful writer and enjoy working to tight deadlines.
The role will also involve stakeholder communications, and the successful candidate is likely to have experience of dealing with complex stakeholder groups.
The role includes:
• Devising comms strategies and handling plans
• Proactive story generation both via press release and writing by-lined articles
• briefing in stories to journalists
• prepping clients for media interviews
• rapid response to emerging stories
• drafting copy for clients’ internal audiences
• advising on social media strategy
• crisis management
You will have a high level of autonomy in the role and will regularly be in contact with senior leaders within client organisations, providing support and counsel.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Evidence of delivering high impact media and communications work, either in-house or at an agency
• Ability to write engaging, compelling copy that emulates the voice of different clients
• Good working knowledge of all communications disciplines, including social and digital media, and their use as part of an integrated communications strategy
• Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills
• Drawn towards working in fast-paced environments with multiple workstreams
• Enjoyment in producing high-quality accurate work within tight timescales
• Excellent time management and organisational skills and an ability to prioritise competing demands on time
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• An active network of media contacts within the education sector and/or Westminster lobby
• Working knowledge of the education sector, covering Early Years, schools, FE and HE.
• Ability to produce high-quality video content to support comms collateral for clients
Closing Date: 9 December 2022
Interviews will take place before Christmas.
Please send your CV, plus a short video (2 mins max) explaining why you would like to come and join the Denford team to Amy.email@example.com. We'd love to know all about you - both what you would bring professionally and what makes you tick!
In your CV, please include details of your current remuneration.