Date Added: 14 November 2022
: 5 December 2022
Job Title: Climate Programme Intern
Working For: Conservative Environment Network
Salary: £11.95 ph (London Living Wage) - Full Time
Length of Contract: 6 months
The Conservative Environment Network (CEN) is an independent forum for conservatives in the UK and around the world who support net zero, nature restoration and resource security. We are looking for an intern to support CEN’s climate programme. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to gain experience in the politics and policy of climate change and to support Conservative MPs, Councillors and grassroots supporters champion the conservative case for climate action.
CEN has an ambitious programme of parliamentary and local climate campaigns which the successful candidate would be instrumental in helping us design and deliver. In particular, there will be an opportunity to get involved with key climate events, including a half day climate conference.
This role will support CEN’s climate team in engaging conservative politicians across the different levels of our network. It will be a great chance for someone at the start of their career to build up their skill set in events management, communications, and policy research while working at the heart of a growing organisation on one of the top agendas in British politics.
Specifically, the appointed candidate will:
Support the research and writing of regular parliamentary briefings for MPs
- Conduct monitoring of parliamentary activity
- Write for the CEN blog
- Support the climate team with organising events and trips
- Help to expand the CEN caucus and councillor network
- Support the development and delivery of projects
- Attend climate policy meetings and support engagement with stakeholders
- Carry out additional tasks to support CEN’s wider work
- A belief in conservative environmentalism
- A strong interest in climate policy
- A self-motivated individual excited about working in a small team and who can work independently
- Excellent writing skills and a strong academic record
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience of organising events
Closing Date: 5 December 2022
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will take place in w/c 12th December. We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible in January.
Please send your CV, a one-page covering letter, and any questions about the role to Lynsey Jones, Senior Climate Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org