Date Added: 15 November 2022
: 2 December 2022
Job Title: Research & Events Assistant
Working For: Reform
Salary: London Living Wage
Length of Contract: 6 month internship
Reform is recruiting for a new Research and Events Assistant to join its small and passionate team on a six-month internship, ideally on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate will assist in producing authoritative research, and support the delivery of Reform’s events and communications. They will be a dynamic and motivated individual with some research experience and strong communication skills.
The Research and Events Assistant will support Reform’s research team, including drafting literature reviews, sourcing data and undertaking ad hoc policy analysis. They will support the Events and Fundraising Officer to deliver the highest quality events, from generating ideas to managing RSVPs and liaising with senior speakers. They will also contribute to Reform’s online output by producing social media assets and assisting with the weekly newsletter.
This is an exciting role, in a small team, with significant potential for growth as Reform delivers its new work programme. If you’re hard-working and self-aware with a great sense of humour, and you believe we need to reimagine the role and shape of the State, then we want to see your application!
It is essential that candidates are able to demonstrate:
- Some experience of conducting research on public policy (this can be during studies) and an understanding of different research methodologies
- Good organisational and administrative skills, including in prioritising tasks
- An ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to building and maintaining good professional relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to take the initiative and pro-actively identify ways to support the team
- A positive and can-do approach
- Enthusiasm and commitment to Reform’s mission
Closing Date: 2 December 2022
Applications will close at 0900 on Friday 2 December and late applications will not be considered.
Interviews will be held in-person on Thursday 8 December and applicants are asked to be available on that date.
Please send us a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria and why you are interested in this role at Reform. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We operate a university-blind recruitment process. It is therefore essential that you do not include the name of any university you attended anywhere in either document.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undertake a short task ahead of the interview.
For more information: https://reform.uk/opportunity/research-and-events-assistant-2/