Date Added: 16 November 2022
: 28 November 2022
Job Title: Senior Public Affairs Advisor
Working For: Refugee Council
Salary: £39,117 to £43,356
Length of Contract: Permanent
Refugee Council works with over 14,000 refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK each year. We provide crisis advice and practical support, help refugees to integrate into their new communities and offer mental health counselling to help people come to terms with the trauma so many have experienced. We are the only national organisation providing support to all refugee children and young people who arrive here on their own. We also advocate with refugees, call for improvements to the asylum system and ensure refugees have a stronger and more influential voice in decisions that will affect them.
Reporting to the Head of Public Affairs and Policy, the Senior Public Affairs Advisor will be responsible for the Refugee Council’s parliamentary and political influencing work through developing and maintaining links between the Refugee Council and the UK Parliament, and other political and external bodies as well as those with soft power.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Be responsible for developing, co-ordinating and implementing the Refugee Council’s engagement strategies with the UK Parliament, and other political bodies.
• Be responsible for the creation and implementation of parliamentary and wider political strategies to support our advocacy and engagement work.
• Working closely with the Head of Public Affairs and Policy, to develop and maintain productive relationships with ministers, SPADS, Peers, MPs, select and other special committees in parliament, all party groups and political parties in order to brief them on refugee issues, and support colleagues to engage with these groups. This includes setting up meetings with Refugee Council staff and key public affairs stakeholders, updating Refugee Council contact management records and developing briefings to support engagement activities.
• To develop and maintain links with other external bodies, including other refugee agencies and NGOs working on issues that relate to our advocacy priorities, the Together with Refugees coalition, the Families Together coalition, trade unions, think tanks and faith groups to inform and support parliamentary work.
For further information and to apply, please visit https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/about-us/work-for-refugee-council/careers/senior-public-affairs-advisor-post-no-tb445/
Closing Date: 28 November 2022
- Panel Interview – 13th December 2022
Please complete and submit the online Refugee Council application form which can be found on the bottom of the job description at https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/about-us/work-for-refugee-council/careers/senior-public-affairs-advisor-post-no-tb445/
If you have any further questions, please contact Tamsin Baxter, Executive Director of External Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org