Date Added: 15 November 2022
: 4 December 2022
Job Title: Campaigns and Communications Officer
Working For: Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
Length of Contract: Permament
Your role as Campaigns and Communications Officer sits in the Media and Public Affairs team. This is a busy and exciting role requiring excellent communication, project management and campaigning skills. You will need to be able to interact with a wide variety of audiences including our members, politicians, charities and internal colleagues.
Our ongoing campaigns that you’d be a part of include: calling on government to tackle child inequalities across the UK; calling for an evidence based, multi-year NHS workforce plan; and as part of a major coalition, asking for free school meals for children whose families are on universal credit.
Reporting directly to the Public Affairs and Campaigns Manager, the Campaigns and Communications Officer plays a significant role in shaping and developing our political influencing and communications and social media activity.
You will support the development and delivery of campaigns on key topical issues, monitor and evaluate their success, provide briefings for senior paediatricians and develop e-actions for our members. You will also have a key role in coordinating our social media outputs.
The role requires (as part of a team) an occasional out of hours media response service, for which you will receive a further non-consolidated payment. There is also the potential for some travel throughout the UK including occasional overnight stays.
A week in the life of the Campaigns and Communications Officer:
- Horizon scanning for key issues impacting child health and paediatrics, identifying MPs and Peers to engage with and supporting them to make interventions in parliament.
- Liaising with key staff including Policy and Media Managers, to discuss priority issues of the day, to devise social media, media and campaign plans.
- Working with the Public Affairs and Campaigns Manager to identify policy asks to campaign on and supporting the development of e-actions, letters to MPs and meeting with coalition partners to discuss joint campaigning opportunities.
- Managing the systems and processes that underpin good quality campaigning and stakeholder engagement activity.
- Working closely with content, brand and marketing to develop infographics and social media branding.
Closing Date: 4 December 2022
Closing date: 4 December 2022 at 23:59.
Interviews to be held the week commencing 14 December 2022.
Please apply via the RCPCH website: https://rcpch.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a118d000003sPrYAAU
The RCPCH wants to represent all the communities we serve. Appointment will be made solely on merit. However, the College is particularly keen to receive applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, and/or candidates with a disability who are currently under-represented at this level of the organisation.