Date Added: 16 November 2022
: 17 December 2022
Job Title: Senior Communications Officer
Working For: James Wild MP (North West Norfolk)
Location: King's Lynn
Salary: In line with IPSA payscale
Length of Contract: 1 year Fixed Term (with potential to extend)
Senior Communications Officer for James Wild MP
James Wild, MP for North West Norfolk, is looking to recruit a Senior Communications Officer for his constituency team based in King’s Lynn. The new team member will support James’ constituency work and campaigns through managing a busy visits programme, highly effective media communications, and social media activity.
You will need to be a strong communicator with excellent oral and written skills. This is a role that requires a self-starter with experience of developing and delivering media and online content and proactive engagement plans.
You’ll need to be confident in preparing communications material, responding to press enquiries, developing strong relationship with local media and organisations, and operating in a fast-paced environment.
As a member of a small team this role includes assisting with casework and other issues.
• Support James’ constituency work through highly effective media communications and social media presence.
• Establish and develop appropriate strategies around social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce engaging, targeted content including online graphics and video content.
• Manage James’ website contents and updating of online platforms and social media. Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Lead on identifying and organising constituency visits including to schools, charities, businesses, and other groups. Draft press releases, prepare social media content for all constituency visits
• Maintain database of constituency visits and manage invitations
• Draft press releases, preparing weekly constituency email bulletin, and undertaking proactive and re-active communications with all media
• Assist with casework when necessary and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Engage professionally, confidentially with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, emails and face to face
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 December 2022
Interviews will take place at the beginning of January.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject "Job application".