Date Added: 18 November 2022
: 24 November 2022
Job Title: Labour Group Political Officer
Working For: Slough Borough Council
Salary: £30,139 to £34,451 per annum (plus allowances)
Length of Contract: Fixed term until 18th May 2023 (extendable annually)
We are looking to recruit a capable and enthusiastic Political Group Officer to support the Labour Group, its Leader and Members in discharging their function as Members of the Council. The Labour Group has a majority of seats on the council and the Council Leader and Cabinet come from the Labour Group.
The key duties of the role include:
- responsibility for research, analysis, briefings and providing media and social media support to the Labour Group
- arranging and attending meetings of the Group and associated bodies, including preparing agendas, draft reports, minutes and newsletters
- assisting in the preparation of speeches, presentations, council motions and amendments and answers to elector or member questions
- conducting analysis and research of council documents and reports, and those of external organisations, to brief and advise the Group accordingly.
The postholder must have excellent interpersonal skills, show discretion and have political awareness. You will need to be flexible and proactive, able to manage competing priorities under pressure. The successful candidate is likely to have:
- previous research experience (preferably in local government)
- experience of dealing with elected members, senior officers and the public
- practical experience/knowledge of local government services.
Closing Date: 24 November 2022
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm.
Interviews will be held in week commencing 5th December 2022
Start date is as soon as possible following offer and pre-employment checks.
For a job pack and application form please click here: