Date Added: 18 November 2022
: 25 November 2022
Job Title: Organiser
Working For: Lancaster and Fleetwood Constituency Labour Party
Salary: £30,700 pro rata + £1,900 pro rata fixed sum allowance (0.25 FTE)
Length of Contract: Fixed term until 31 May 2023
Lancaster Labour Group is the largest political grouping on Lancaster City Council, sharing power with the Greens and Lib Dems. Our aim is to take full control from May 2023 onwards. Currently we hold 16 of the 60 seats on the council. We are ambitious about what we can do for the Lancaster District - an authority which has retained its own housing stock and has kept the majority of its services in-house.
Lancaster and Fleetwood CLP covers the southern part of the Lancaster District and is proud to have Cat Smith as its Labour MP. We are seeking to appoint a part-time Organiser to coordinate the critical all-out elections in May 2023 and pave the way for Cat Smith's successful defence of this marginal seat. The role will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of Lancaster Labour’s campaign in these elections, working alongside Morecambe and Lunesdale CLP's organiser.
The role is part time at 10 hours per week. These hours can be worked flexibly (with some meetings/events requiring your support) and we expect that the role will be based at our historic campaign centre in south Lancaster with some travel across the district.
We are looking for someone sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party (essential), with experience of Labour Party campaigning (highly desirable). You must be competent with office and design software including preferably the Labour Party's own software packages. It is understood that you may not have experience of all of the duties listed below, but some exposure to these would be an advantage.
Your main duties will include:
- Collation of leaflet content and designing leaflets
- Advertising and organising regular campaign sessions with a target contact rate of 70% in our key wards
- Building a network of volunteers to enter data, deliver leaflets and, of course, canvass
- Member mobilisation, helping to grow our network of campaigners and influencers across Lancaster
- Liaising with printers and designers
- Organising leaflet deliveries and circulating leaflets to volunteers for delivery
- Social media management and content creation
- Organising fundraising activity for Labour
- Ensuring the completion of marked register data entry
- Other duties to support the effective running of the local campaign as needed
- Candidate liaison and management
Closing Date: 25 November 2022
Interviews will take place on Sunday 27 November 2022; candidates will be informed if they have been shortlisted on Saturday 26 November. The successful candidate will start on or as soon as possible after 1 December 2022.
CVs accompanied by a covering letter explaining why you would like to take on this role and setting out how you are suited to the main duties should be sent to email@example.com for the attention of Ruth Colbridge, vice chair, Lancaster and Fleetwood CLP. All applications will be acknowledged.