Date Added: 21 November 2022
: 30 November 2022
Job Title: UK Constituency Advocacy Manager
Working For: Malaria No More UK
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000 pro rata (part time (min 3 days a week) or full time)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Location: Vauxhall, London
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Malaria No More UK is looking for a highly organised campaign leader to expand our advocacy operations into parliamentary constituencies. The UK Constituency Advocacy Manager will liaise with cross-party MPs to organise events around key malaria moments, co-ordinating with communications, advocacy and policy colleagues on delivering integrated campaigns that engage strengthen our work in Westminster.
• Design and lead the delivery of our UK advocacy strategy with MPs in constituencies across the UK, with support from the wider team to inspire increased support from the UK government for the malaria campaign.
• Organise meetings and events within constituencies in conjunction with our existing business and science partners and others, and seek out new opportunities to garner engagement with MPs in the UK and abroad to demonstrate first hand the impact of malaria and the UK’s role in helping to end this disease.
• Develop strong relationships with relevant players in and around Parliament and across Government: including identifying, recruiting and working with champions, key influencers and political targets, and developing targeted collateral such as issue briefs and submissions.
• Monitor UK and international debates and policy on international development; working with the policy team and others to identify opportunities for influence.
• Work closely with colleagues to identify and build synergies between our UK and international advocacy, policy and communications work.
• Work collaboratively with the communications team to develop and deliver effective digital and traditional media and thought leader opportunities.
• Provide briefings for staff and external partners on the context and status of the government relations strategy, including in advance of meetings with senior politicians and their advisers.
Qualifications, skills and experience
Please see job spec for full details.
Closing Date: 30 November 2022
1st Interviews to be held: 8th/9th December
2nd Interviews to be held: 15th December
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the job specifications and why you want to work for us to email@example.com