Date Added: 18 November 2022
: 2 December 2022
Job Title: Constituency Intern
Working For: Feryal Clark MP (Enfield North)
Salary: £23,302 (p.a.)
Length of Contract: 4 month fixed-term contract
Feryal Clark MP is looking for an enthusiastic, organised and hard-working person to join her office for a 4-month Constituency Internship position
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to familiarise themselves with work in an MP’s office. As a fixed-term position, this role is suited for those considering politics as a career path, and want to have first-hand experience, whilst learning new skills ‘on the job’.
This role will be based in Feryal’s constituency office in Enfield, with occasional working in Parliament.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Drafting and managing policy responses to constituents
• Assisting constituency casework
• Assisting with projects
• Learning/assisting in appropriate research/data analysis
• Assist with arrangements for events; this may include: venue research and bookings; compiling and managing guest-lists; liaising with suppliers; and providing on-the-day event support as required
• Basic Administrative support including staffing reception desk
• Ensuring professional records are kept adhering to GDPR requirements and respecting confidentiality at all times
• A good knowledge of current affairs and policy issues
• Motivated, willing to learn new skills and take on new challenges
• Very good verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to engage with a broad range of people at all levels of seniority
• Experience of using Microsoft Office
• An ability to engage with the public in an understanding and compassionate manner
• An ability to work swiftly and independently, with a keen eye for detail
• A commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party
• A knowledge of the Enfield North constituency is desirable
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 2 December 2022
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview week commencing 5th December in person (Westminster or the constituency office) or virtually. A writing task will be followed by a short interview. Start date will be on or soon after 9th January, subject to passing the security check, with an end date of 30th April 2023.
Please send your CV (no more than 2 sides) including contact details of two referees alongside a one-page covering letter outlining how you meet the personal specification & your suitability for the role to email@example.com with the subject line: "Intern Application".