Date Added: 18 November 2022
: 27 November 2022
Job Title: Strategy & Policy Officer
Working For: Surrey County Council
Location: Surrey / Remotely
Salary: £36,282 - £40,146 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
Do you enjoy variety and making sense of abstract challenges?
Have a proven track record of supporting innovative strategies in dynamic environments?
Get your energy from working together with internal and external stakeholders to progress shared goals?
Then we want to hear from you!
About the role
You will play an important role in supporting in shaping the future of the council; helping to set its strategic direction and assisting services in delivering on the council's ambitions more efficiently and transparently. You will support the development of evidence-led policies and strategies that provide value for money and improve outcomes. You will research, identify and analyse emerging issues and requirements locally, regionally and nationally that will have an impact on the council, partners and residents.
You will provide policy advice and briefings to the corporate and political leadership – so an understanding of the local and national policy agenda and the implications for the council, partners and residents is important.
In return, the work of the Corporate Strategy and Policy team promises plenty of autonomy, collaborative working, and personal stretch aligned to individual development goals. The post holder will grow new skills that engage strategy and policy at a local, regional and national level.
- A creative problem-solver, ready to generate new ideas and insights
- An enthusiastic relationship builder
- A skilled communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to carry out research and analyse data, presenting complex information and recommendations in a clear manner for both expert and non-specialised audiences
- Comfortable working at pace and with some uncertainty.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience supporting the development and implementation of evidence-led policies and strategies
- Experience providing advice and briefings to senior stakeholders
- Understanding of the key strategic issues facing local government, the wider public sector and partners.
Closing Date: 27 November 2022
Applications close 23:59 on the closing date.
Interview dates TBC but likely in early December
Applications by CV and cover letter submitted here: https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/jobs/search/details?id=28767
For an informal discussion please contact email@example.com