Date Added: 18 November 2022
: 27 November 2022
Job Title: Policy Manager, Tax and Trade
Working For: British Beer and Pub Association
Length of Contract: Permanent
Murray McIntosh is delighted to have partnered with the British Beer and Pub Association, who are seeking a Policy Manager to join their hard-working team in London at a critical time for the Hospitality sector.
This Policy Manager position will be focusing on Tax and Trade policy - there are a host of economic factors that impact on the sector, and this role will be taking the lead on matters including Alcohol Duty Reform, Business Rates, VAT and Duty Fraud, and acting as the point of contact and key representative on these areas.
In your first few months in this Policy Manager role, you will have early ownership for a number of areas, including building a consensus with members, putting together agendas, reports and papers for a number of active committees and working group. In addition, you will:
- Develop best practice guidance and briefings on key industry issues and monitor implementation working closely with policy and communications colleagues
- Conceive and propose policies underpinned by robust analysis
- Work with member companies to gain consensus on policy positions and associated compliance issues
- Coordinate the Association’s responses to public consultations on these subjects
- Oversee the work of relevant Association committees and working groups preparing agendas, discussion papers, minutes and follow-up paperwork
- Contribute towards strategies to benefit the organisation.
To apply for this Policy Manager role, you will need policy development experience and experience in a readily transferable area. You'll also require:
- An understanding of, and ideally direct experience in, a commercial/business environment covering matters like business rates
- Excellent analytical skills and high levels of numeracy and literacy (ideally underpinned with a business/economics-related education)
- Experience working in or with trade associations
- A keen interest in the UK hospitality sector, ideally specifically beer and pubs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Closing Date: 27 November 2022
Applications close on 27th November, with a view of supplying a shortlist 28th November
1st Interviews will occur w/c 5th December
2nd Interviews will occur w/c 12th December
If this role is of interest, please send your CV to annakelly@murraymcintosh or get in touch with any questions.
More information https://www.murraymcintosh.com/job/policy-manager-tax-and-trade-bbbh8635
I'm afraid we cannot accept applications from those who require sponsorship.