Date Added: 21 November 2022
: 17 December 2022
Job Title: Campaign Coordinator
Working For: Aylesbury Liberal Democrats
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, remote working considered
Salary: £22,000 -£25,000 pro-rata depending on experience
Length of Contract: 12 months
Aylesbury Constituency Liberal Democrats are looking to appoint a Campaign Coordinator for 2-days a week, to support the work of our Councillors and our Prospective Parliamentary Candidate once selected.
The successful applicant will be well-organised, with a keen interest in politics and campaigning, an understanding of the party’s iT and campaigning style and tools, as well as work with local party officers and volunteers to raise campaign funds, awareness, and member engagement.
The following criteria are considered essential:
● Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, members, volunteers, external organisations
● Proven ability to proactively engage with volunteers in a confident manner, to persuade them to participate in campaigning activities
● Relevant work experience in either campaigning / marketing / volunteer management or politics
● High level of accuracy and attention to detail
● Ability to manage competing work priorities
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively as required, with minimal supervision to achieve goals
● Good planning and organisational skills, along with the ability to solve problems creatively
● Strong ICT skills, including familiarity with resources such as Microsoft Office packages, web design, databases and data collection systems, DTP, and social media.
● Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathetic to the values and principles of the Liberal Democrats
● Ability to attend some meetings or events in the evenings or weekends.
The following criteria are considered desirable:
● Work experience within a political or campaigning environment
● Experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
● Experience with software packages Affinity Publisher, Connect, Prater Raines, and social media platforms.
Closing Date: 17 December 2022
All applications must be received by midnight on the closing date. Formal interviews for the role will take place in the w/c 19th December 2022.
Interviews will be early evening so please do advise in your application if that presents any challenges.
Applicants are required to complete a CV and cover letter and indicate the name of two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer.
Please note that these referees may be contacted without permission unless you indicate that you would prefer otherwise.
Your cover letter should explain why you have the energy, skills, and any other relevant experience to make a real difference in the post.
Applications should be sent to Tim Dixon (TimDixon@buckslibdems.uk) with the reference, Application for Aylesbury Constituency Campaign Coordinator in the subject line.