Date Added: 21 November 2022
: 2 December 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Grant Shapps MP (Welwyn Hatfield)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
The role requires an enthusiastic person to support the office of Grant Shapps MP in dealing with a variety of constituency issues.
The successful applicant should have the ability to work in a fast paced office with a dynamic team and expect to work to tight deadlines.
Previous experience with caseworker.mp would be ideal, as we would aim for the successful candidate to slot in quickly.
- Deal with daily queries from members of the public by phone, email, letter or in person, taking the appropriate action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries.
- Manage own caseload and progress of casework, ensuring all cases are properly logged, updated with any actions taken, and outstanding queries are followed up.
- Assist with the work of other colleagues if and when required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Analyse, evaluate, and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues.
- Undertake research from readily available sources.
- Attend occasional surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituent issues.
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, including the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise well
- Common sense and sound judgement
- Ability to deal with issues in a confidential and sensitive manner
- Works effectively in a small team
- Commitment to aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 2 December 2022
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the closing date if the right candidate is identified sooner.
Please send CV, covering letter and completed task to Grant's Parliamentary inbox: Grant.email@example.com
The task: Draft a response from Grant to a constituent who has written in concerned about their energy bills this winter.