Date Added: 21 November 2022
: 21 December 2022
Job Title: Deputy Director
Working For: ELNET UK
Length of Contract: Permanent
ELNET is a not-for-profit, pan-European organisation which works to strengthen relationships between Israel and the UK. We are a cross-party organisation which strictly maintains its impartiality and works closely with Parliamentarians, policy makers and other opinion formers, hosting high level dialogues, delegations and multi-lateral events.
The Deputy Director is an exciting new leadership role. We are looking for someone with proven leadership abilities who will enjoy working in a fast paced, exciting foreign policy focused environment. This role is full time and ELNET UK is committed to flexible working. It is expected that the candidate would be able to work from home two days a week if they wish to.
As a leading position within our growing organisation, the new Deputy Director will recruit for a new Comms & Events Manager and have oversight across the team. They will also deputise for the Executive Director as and when needed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead on and oversee the operations of ELNET UK, including internal and eternal report drafting; budget oversight and strategic long term planning
• Lead on, with the Executive Director, Parliamentary and external stakeholder affairs, including developing and executing contact programmes and building strong and long-lasting relationships with stakeholders
• Line managing the Communications & Events Manager and the Administrative & Diary Manager
• Deputise for Executive Director as and when needed, representing the organisation to external stakeholders
• Supporting the Executive Director with fundraising strategy and liaising with the ELNET UK lay Board and ELNET UK Patrons
• Ability to undertake some international travel
• Minimum of 5 years experience including working across parliamentary, strategic and policy issues
• Significant experience of staff management
• Experience of managing budgets
• Expertise in a leadership role
• Proven ability to lead and manage a high performing team
• Setting, managing and delivering against targets
• Solid experience in media relations
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent organisational skill
• Commitment to ELNET UKs values
Closing Date: 21 December 2022
Interviews w/c: 16 January 2023
Please send your CV and a personal statement of no more than two pages outlining why you want this role and how your previous experience demonstrates your suitability. Please use relevant and specific examples to demonstrate how you meet the expectations of the role.
Please send CVs and personal statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
28 Nov: email address for responses changed to email@example.com