Date Added: 21 November 2022
: 16 December 2022
Job Title: Public Affairs Campaigns and Communications Consultant
Working For: DevoConnect
Location: Manchester / Internet
Salary: £25,000 / dependant on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent (3 month probation)
DevoConnect is the first and only UK public affairs and thought leadership agency to focus on how best to achieve influence and effect change through a devolved lens.
We are looking for an exceptional person to come and join our brilliant team. You must be a political and creative person, with at least 12 month’s experience of working in a similar role in either consultancy, in-house, in Parliament or for an MP. You will have good core technical and business competencies and be able to support our busy programme of events and national and regional campaigns. We are looking for a person who is self-motivated and passionate about public affairs and politics and who can alongside our executive team to deliver outstanding results for our clients, sponsors and campaigns.
Candidates will need to understand how Westminster and Whitehall works and have a good knowledge of the current political landscape including Government policy and progress on levelling up and devolution.
This is a key role supporting the fast-paced DevoConnect Team; you will be our ‘eyes and ears’ helping to develop our communications, marketing and administrative functions, and providing support on a variety of projects, campaigns, events and conferences. You will be working alongside our Business Development Manager on our social media content and provide support across a range of clients including APPGs.
- Providing political monitoring of national, regional and local government
- Support the secretariat for APPGs
- Drafting briefings for the executive team and clients
- Research for client projects and initiatives
- Marketing events and campaigns
- Manage MP and other high-level engagement and correspondence
- Editorial support and marketing of DevoIntelligence newsletter and other marketing
- Stakeholder Management and development of internal and campaign databases
- Strong communication and organisational skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Hardworking, flexible, and a good team player
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload under pressure, and work to tight deadlines
- An excellent working knowledge and experience in using social media channels
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook and other platforms
- Proficient in database building, stakeholder mapping and management
- Marketing and good technical, digital and social media skills
Closing Date: 16 December 2022
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date.
Please note that we reserve the right to interview and appoint the position prior to the closing date. We therefore encourage early applications.
Send a CV and a covering letter (max. 500 words) to email@example.com