Date Added: 22 November 2022
: 11 December 2022
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: Duncan Baker MP (North Norfolk)
Location: North Walsham, Norfolk
Salary: Salary inline with IPSA payscales, starting at £19,305
Length of Contract: Permanent
Duncan Baker MP for North Norfolk is looking to recruit an Administrative Officer to be part of his constituency team. This is a full-time role is based in the constituency office, Tudor House, Grammar School Road, North Walsham NR289JH.
Parliamentary staff play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of North Norfolk.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
• A highly motivated staff member, with a positive attitude and ability to work collectively as part of a team
• Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public is desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
• Clear and concise letter writing style
• Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
• Managing cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
• Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
• Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately
• Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Accompanying the MP on constituency visits and meetings
• Researching local, regional, and national issues to support the MPs work
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant policy and legislation
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 December 2022
Initial interviews will take place in mid-December.
Apply online at: https://hivesupport.co.uk/job-listing/administrative-officer-for-duncan-baker-mp-north-norfolk/