Date Added: 22 November 2022
: 22 December 2022
Job Title: Public Affairs Advisor
Working For: Ellwood Atfield
Salary: £35,000 - 50,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Ellwood Atfield have partnered with a leading insurance business in the UK. The company have over 6 million customers and offer one of the biggest brands in the country. The organisation’s goal is to grow customer value to be one of Britain’s best-loved insurance providers for personal and commercial use.
The company is now looking for an ambitious Public Affairs Advisor who is interested in insurance as a policy area to join the brilliant Communications team in place. You will be responsible for helping implement the public affairs strategy to influence UK public policy, updating internal stakeholders with key policy and Parliamentary activity of interest, as well as assisting with political stakeholder engagement and the delivery of public affairs campaigns.
- You will support the Head of Public Affairs to deliver the public affairs strategy for the organisation
- Monitor relevant UK public policy developments and Parliamentary activity, distributing this to key internal stakeholders
- Managing the political stakeholder contact list and assisting with the proactive engagement programme to help raise the profile of the organisation and increase influence on key policy areas. With a particular focus on Electric vehicles and flooding
- Help identify and coordinate responses to Government consultations and Select Committee inquiries
- Liaise with MPs on constituency issues
- Support the production and distribution of briefing papers for MPs and peers ahead of Parliamentary debates
- Support the Head of Public Affairs in representing the organisation with political stakeholders at external events.
Key skills required:
- Experience working within a political/ Parliamentary environment, knowledge of insurance and financial services is an advantage
- Knowledge of the workings of the UK government and Parliament as well as proficiency in public affairs
- A confident communicator who can break down complex information and work with senior leaders and partners
Closing Date: 22 December 2022
How to apply:
To apply for this position please submit a copy of your CV via the “Apply for this position” button.
For more information, please contact Naomi (Naomi@ellwoodatfield.com).