Date Added: 23 November 2022
: 31 December 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: The Rt Hon Amanda Milling MP (Cannock Chase)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Amanda Milling, Member of Parliament for Cannock Chase, is looking to recruit a full-time member of staff based in Westminster.
The ideal candidate will be bright and enthusiastic, highly organised, and with a keen interest in politics. Some experience of working in a political setting would be an advantage but is not a requirement. Key responsibilities include:
• Drafting correspondence from the MP
• Diary management
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Taking phone calls and handling correspondence from constituents
• Getting to know and understand local issues, so that local knowledge is reflected in case handling
• Keeping accurate records in our casework management system and monitoring case progress
• General office administration and support, including the dispatching of correspondence
• Assist with other office tasks as required.
• Be comfortable working unsupervised for extended periods.
• Drafting media and social media statements on constituency matters
The successful candidate will:
• Be sympathetic to the values of the Conservative Party
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as be a team player
• Have some experience of working with members of the public
• Have an ability to take the initiative and work proactively to manage competing deadlines, to prioritise tasks and work independently
• Have an excellent attention to detail, especially in written communications
• Have the ability to work in a sensitive and confidential manner at all times
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
• Understand the importance of good customer services
Closing Date: 31 December 2022
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis, the position may be appointed before the close date.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a Covering letter to Robert Pritchard (Office Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org