Date Added: 23 November 2022
: 21 December 2022
Job Title: Communications & Press Officer
Working For: Matt Vickers MP (Stockton South)
Salary: In Line with IPSA Pay Scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Matt Vickers, Member of Parliament for Stockton South, currently has a position available in his Westminster Office for an experienced, well organised, and politically aware Communications & Press Officer to support him in his work and take responsibility for local media and communications.
This is like no other role. You will need to be comfortable working on your own initiatives, be confident at resolving issues, be up for a challenge and be easily adaptable to changing priorities. Furthermore, you will be required to work closely with Matt’s constituency office, and therefore must be a team player.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Drafting press releases on local & national issues, and leading on engagement with media
• Creating content for the Member of Parliament’s website and leading on social media content
• Liaising with the constituency office on local campaigns and projects
• Providing Matt with in-depth briefs on a range of subjects prior to media/parliamentary appearances.
• Dealing with queries from members of the public via telephone and email
• When required, progress and draft constituent case work with the ability to prioritise time sensitive cases
• Undertaking general administrative duties
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• Personable and able to work as part of a small team.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research and IT skills
• Competency with Video & Photo editing software
• Thorough understanding and experience with various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs and a committed campaigner
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 December 2022
Interviews may be held prior to closing date.
As part of your application, please answer the following:
• Looking at Matt’s Social Media and the content posted, what one thing would you change and why?
All applicants should send their CV with a short cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the role by 10pm on the closing date to Niall Innes by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Niall by email or by calling 01642 956526.