Date Added: 23 November 2022
: 14 December 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Edward Timpson MP (Eddisbury)
Location: Tarporley, Cheshire
Salary: Salary in line with IPSA pay scales, £21,529-£32,983
Length of Contract: Permanent
Edward Timpson, MP for Eddisbury, is looking to recruit a Caseworker to be part of his constituency team. This is a full-time role based predominantly in the office in Tarporley, though an option for hybrid working exists for the right candidate upon completion of training.
Parliamentary staff play an important role in an MP’s office, supporting the MP to ensure that constituents concerns are heard and actioned. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team making a real impact for the people of Eddisbury.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be confident engaging with members of the public. This role requires a flexible and can-do attitude and the ability to deal sensitively and empathetically with constituents and casework. Applicants should have an awareness of the constituency and be sympathetic with the values of the Conservative party.
- Experience of casework, a public facing role or working directly with the public is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people
- Clear and concise letter writing style
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise their workload
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Answering enquiries from constituents and progressing casework as required
- Managing cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media, or face to face
- Logging cases, monitoring progress, and ensuring data is held and processed in accordance with Regulations
- Ensure that casework is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially, and accurately
- Liaise with Government agencies, local government departments, voluntary sector, and others to resolve constituency matters
- Researching local, regional, and national issues to support the MPs work
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant policy and legislation
- Salary in line with IPSA pay scales £21,529-£32,983
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Initially 25 days annual leave potentially increasing to 30 days dependent upon length of service (plus bank holidays and your birthday)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 December 2022
Initial interviews to take place in mid-December
Ideal start date 9th January 2023
Apply online at https://hivesupport.co.uk/job-listing/caseworker-for-edward-timpson-mp-eddisbury/
Do keep an eye on your junk folder for follow up emails.