Date Added: 24 November 2022
: 6 December 2022
Job Title: Campaigns Organiser Southwark and Lambeth
Working For: Southwark and Lambeth Liberal Democrats
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 per annum pro rata (experience based) full time
Length of Contract: One year fixed (scope for extension)
The Southwark and Lambeth Liberal Democrats are active local parties with a total of 14 councillors across both borough councils (11 in Southwark and 3 in Lambeth) and the official opposition in both. We are looking for a dynamic and committed campaigns organiser to play a key role in building our campaigning efforts ahead of a series of elections The successful candidate will be supported and task managed by the Chairs of Southwark and Lambeth Liberal Democrats, with line management provided by the staff of the London Liberal Democrats.
The key responsibilities include:
● Literature: Oversee the writing, artworking, printing and distribution of literature, including liaising with printers about any externally sourced printing and direct mail.
● Regular Campaign Activity: Work with ward teams to set up regular campaign activity, such as canvassing sessions, action days, delivery blitzes and phone banks. This may include organising resources and generating canvass lists
● Volunteers: Work with ward teams to recruit, develop and manage volunteers, and maintain a members and helpers database.
● Digital: Work with the council groups and the local parties to keep the local websites up to date and social media accounts active.
● Communications: Support local party officers to ensure regular email and other communications to members about campaigns, fundraising and policy, and work with the council group political assistants to support broader media and public relations activities.
The successful candidate will also need to support the good governance of the Liberal Democrats by keeping records of printing and other expenditure.
● Experience of campaigning within the Liberal Democrats, including during and outside of election periods
● Experience of using standard Lib Dem software and systems, including Connect, Lighthouse and Affinity
● Highly organised, capable of prioritising a demanding workload and ability to meet deadlines
● Able to take initiative, with a "can-do" attitude and resilience in pressured/difficult situations
● Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills
● Able to work independently as well as part of a team
● Ability to motivate and manage a team of people
● Commitment to the electoral success of the Liberal Democrats
Closing Date: 6 December 2022
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email after 3rd to arrange interviews for 14th of December
The starting date can be discussed, but ideally we would like the successful candidate to start in December 2022.
Please apply by email to email@example.com attaching:
1. A copy of your CV. Please include contact details for two referees including one from a current employer and at least one who can attest to your campaigning experience
2. A Covering Letter of no more than 1 page of A4 in length, indicating clearly how your experience and skills meet the criteria stated
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact either Richard Wingfield (Chair of Southwark Liberal Democrats) on 07762 986140 or Sarah Lewis (Chair of Lambeth Liberal Democrats) on 07482 234437.