Date Added: 24 November 2022
: 16 December 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary & Campaigns Officer
Working For: News Media Association
Length of Contract: Permanent
News media is at the heart of society, democracy, and community. The News Media Association (NMA) represents publishers of local, regional and national newsbrands. With growing audiences, news media is read by 47.4 million adults across the UK every month (88%). Yet the industry faces many challenges and with them opportunities, which make it an exciting time to join us.
Promoting the value of news and why journalism matters is the core of the NMA’s activity. We’re growing our team to help ensure an ever-changing legislative and regulatory landscape continues to support press freedom and enhances press sustainability.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for news media to join our busy London team. This role requires initiative and involves extensive teamwork and sharp networking skills to help build and enhance trusted relationships across Parliament and Whitehall. You will be an advocate for local, regional, and national newsbrands.
• an ambassador for local, regional and national news media publishers - communicating with a range of different political stakeholders
• crafting and delivering NMA campaigns to support and defend media freedom and press sustainability
• working with NMA Communications and Policy teams to translate policy objectives into action
• leading a programme of engagement with UK parliamentarians, officials, and policy influencers
• events support to elevate the voice and reputation of the NMA with stakeholders
• monitoring policy development in Westminster and beyond for issues that could affect news media
• understanding of parliamentary processes is essential
• excellent written and oral communications skills
• knowledge of the news media sector an advantage
• a commitment to defending press freedom and self-regulation
• a self-starter who excels working as part of a small, multi-disciplined team
Closing Date: 16 December 2022
We may interview and/or appoint before the deadline.
Closing time: 17:00
Successful candidate to start ASAP by agreement.
Please email a short cover letter explaining why you are the right candiate for the role, along with your CV to email@example.com