Date Added: 6 December 2022
: 18 December 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon Nadhim Zahawi MP (Stratford-on-Avon)
Salary: In Line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
The successful candidate will:
- Provide support to ensure the smooth running of Nadhim's Westminster office.
- Draft responses to correspondence and enquiries from constituents.
- Undertake research into a wide range of local and national issues.
- Provide research to assist Nadhim in his Parliamentary business.
- Work closely with Nadhim to draft speeches, articles and press releases.
- Help to manage Nadhim's social media presence.
- Undertake other duties as and when required.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Initiative and ability to conduct independent research into a range of issues.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and ensure prompt turnaround.
- Ability to work independently and in a small team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Competence in Microsoft Office and the internet will be expected.
Support for the Conservative Party and its aims is essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 December 2022
Start Date as soon as possible.
May appoint before closing date.
Please send CV and a one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject headed JOB APPLICATION.
For further information on the role email email@example.com
Only applicants invited for interview will be notified.