Date Added: 7 December 2022
: 5 January 2023
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker (Part-Time)
Working For: Jon Cruddas MP (Dagenham and Rainham)
Salary: Pro-rata in line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent (Part-Time)
Jon Cruddas MP is looking for a hardworking and experienced Caseworker to work part-time, two days per-week in the Dagenham constituency office. Pay will be pro-rata in line with IPSA payscales. Applicant will start immediately following a successful interview.
Key tasks and responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Providing advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters. This includes work of a complex nature requiring the job holder to work independently and to liaise with senior level contacts.
- Attending meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituents’ issues.
- Dealing with daily queries from members of the public by phone, email or in person, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document, or escalate their concerns or enquiries, as appropriate.
- Managing own caseload and progress of casework, ensuring all cases are logged on relevant casework software, updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries are followed up, with urgent cases reported to the Office Manager and Member.
- Ensuring records of contact with constituents are kept, with details of each case by adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to draft emails and letters to a high professional standard with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with sensitivity, kindness and compassion.
- Experience of working as a caseworker, ideally previously for a Member of Parliament, and of dealing with the general public.
- Experience of working with Caseworker.mp (Elected Technologies) or CFL Caseworker or equivalent digital casework system.
- Ability to deal with and prioritise a large and varied caseload and to work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage expectations of constituents in often challenging circumstances.
- Good IT skills including using MS Office Applications such as MS Teams and Zoom.
- Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 January 2023
Interviews will be held the week after close of applications.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter of no more than one page to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Part-Time Caseworker Application’