Date Added: 24 January 2023
: 7 February 2023
Job Title: Communications and Policy Officer
Working For: Alun Davies MS (Blaenau Gwent)
Location: Cardiff Bay
Salary: £23,440 - £34,357 pro-rata
Length of Contract: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To undertake communications, research and policy related work as required for the Member of the Senedd.
- To develop and deliver a communications plan for the Member of the Senedd.
- Research, prepare and write policy statements and documents as well as press releases and statements to the media.
- Maintain, manage and grow a social media presence for the Member of the Senedd including the production of online content such as graphics to help communicate with constituents and others.
- Liaise with the Member of the Senedd and the wider team to identify any aspects of their work which may be of interest to the media.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working effectively within the written press, broadcast or online industry, or communications sector.
- The ability to write coherently and quickly and to deliver against short deadlines.
- An understanding of the economic and social issues facing Blaenau Gwent
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or;
- Formal Qualification e.g. NVQ level 3 or 4 or equivalent in media or communications.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 February 2023
Interview date to be confirmed
To apply, please visit https://senedd.wales/work-opportunities/work-for-a-member-of-the-senedd/work-opportunity-communications-and-policy-officer-for-alun-davies-ms/