Date Added: 24 January 2023
: 24 February 2023
Job Title: Helsinki Policy Forum Intern
Working For: Forward Thinking
Salary: £11.95 per hour
Length of Contract: Initial 6 months, with the possibility of a permanent contract if the internship proves successful
Forward Thinking is a London based NGO working in conflict resolution, and political dialogue in the Middle East and North Africa.
We have an exciting internship opportunity to support the delivery of the Helsinki Policy Forum (HPF).
The role is diverse and requires the ability to learn fast, take initiative and balance independence with teamwork. As part of a small team, the role will be varied and will include: organising overseas events (from small workshops to larger conferences); research into Middle Eastern Politics; and report writing.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills:
• Relevant experience of organising events, proven ability to manage competing priorities and a track record of delivering on ambitious targets.
• Native proficiency in English.
• Excellent written and spoken communications; demonstrable experience of writing reports.
• Good working knowledge of the MENA region.
• A commitment to, and respect for, facilitating inclusive dialogue with groups holding highly diverse political, religious and ideological views.
• Undergraduate degree in a related field (politics, history, languages, political sciences etc.) or relevant experience essential.
• A ‘can-do’ attitude, and ability to respond calmly and flexibly in a fast-paced environment.
Spoken and written Arabic
Full details of the role and how to apply can be found at: https://www.forward-thinking.org/opportunity-helsinki-policy-forum-internship/
Closing Date: 24 February 2023
Interviews will begin from the 6th of February on a rolling basis. The deadline to apply is the 24th of February. We are looking for an immediate start.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV (max two sides of A4) and short covering letter (also no more than two sides of A4) explaining your interest in the position and why you would be well suited to the role.
Please put in the subject line of your email: Helsinki Policy Forum Internship.
Due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive, we will not write individually to unsuccessful candidates. If you do not hear from us by the 24th of February, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.