Date Added: 19 March 2023
: 31 March 2023
Job Title: External Relations Manager
Working For: Unions 21
Salary: £34,000 FTE
Length of Contract: 12 months
The role of External Affairs Manager is focused on delivering on our project work to support our unions to build impactful and consistent advocacy across a wide range of stakeholders. You will take responsibility for stakeholder mapping, intel gathering and monitoring, engagement planning and delivery, and the development of relevant materials. Working with the Exec Director, you will identify new opportunities and projects and help build tomorrow’s unions.
We are a small team and require the person to work under their own initiative, ready to set up rooms as much as consider strategy and outreach. We also see this as a developmental role where colleagues can learn and share best practice from across the trade union movement and beyond.
● Conduct regular stakeholder analysis and mapping in order to maximise long term relationship development
● Lead the development and dissemination of key stakeholder collateral such as briefings, fact sheets, leaflets, presentations for meetings/events.
● Lead on all stakeholder engagement for the planning and delivery of events
Skills and experience required
● Experience in a communications/stakeholder relations/public affairs/policy role.
● Excellent communication skills – writing, speaking, presenting – with the ability to tailor messaging to different audiences.
● The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
● Good interpersonal and influencing skills
● Organisational skills
● Understanding of the trade union movement
● Media relations
● Social media planning and execution
Closing Date: 31 March 2023
Please send a covering letter and CV clearly demonstrating your skills and experience for this role to Becky Wright, Executive Director on email@example.com