Date Added: 19 March 2023
: 24 March 2023
Job Title: Junior Researcher
Working For: Robert Largan MP (High Peak)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Robert Largan MP is looking to recruit a full-time junior researcher to join his busy office in Westminster.
You will work closely with Robert to deliver his priorities for his constituents and will be heavily involved in his duties in Westminster.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, confident in acting on their own initiative, self-motivated, able to prioritise a busy workload, and demonstrate good political nous.
Good verbal and written communication skills are essential, and a knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite would be helpful. Previous parliamentary experience is preferred.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting correspondence to constituents, local businesses, and other key stakeholders
- Assisting with local campaigns
- Supporting the constituency Caseworkers where needed
- Providing general administrative support
- Drafting and proof-reading press releases, articles, and newsletters
- Media monitoring
- Horizon-scanning, proactively identifying problems and resolving them
- Undertaking research and analysing data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues
- Developing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of Parliamentary business including bills, legislation, and debates.
- Ensuring the Member is fully briefed on debates, potential questions and motions to be put to the House supporting his role as an Assistant Government Whip
- Giving advice on policy issues and local developments
- Be sympathetic to the values of the Conservative Party
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and prioritise tasks
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, with keen attention to detail
- The ideal candidate will have awareness of local issues in High Peak/Derbyshire
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 March 2023
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm on the closing date.