Propertymark is looking to recruit a proactive and creative Policy and Campaigns Officer to assist with lobbying and stakeholder engagement activities as well as delivering a diverse range of high-quality written communications.
Propertymark is the leading professional body for estate and letting agents, commercial agents, inventory providers, auctioneers and valuers, comprising over 17,000 members across the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Policy and Campaigns and working with a small Policy and Campaigns Team, you will be a point of contact for a wide range of policy issues, prepare responses to consultations and engage with stakeholders to promote the work of Propertymark.
The role will involve providing materials to support campaign messaging and press work. You will have experience of drafting guidance and policy briefings on technical issues, dealing with senior personnel and managing complex stakeholder relationships.
• Preparing persuasive and reasoned responses to government consultations and calls for evidence across the property sector.
• Providing briefings, factsheets, FAQs, guidance and position papers on legislation and policy developments and their implications for Propertymark members.
• Assisting with lobbying governments and building relationships with politicians and other relevant parties on issues affecting the property industry.
• Representing Propertymark at meetings and on working groups convened by stakeholders on matters relating to the property sector.
• Working with the Press Team and Marketing Communications Team to articulate policy positions and create persuasive and engaging content to support campaign messaging across Propertymark’s communications channels.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience of writing persuasive responses to consultations
• An understanding of legislative processes and procedures
• The ability to professionally interact with senior officials
• Experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships
• Commitment to Propertymark’s mission, vision and values
• Ability to extract relevant information from complex materials
• The ability to manage a busy schedule and high turnover of content
• Educated to degree level
• IT literate