Date Added: 19 April 2023
: 31 May 2023
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Alan Mak MP (Havant)
Salary: £28,000 - £36,000, depending on skills & experience. More may be available for an outstanding candidate
Length of Contract: Permanent
Alan Mak MP is seeking a hardworking and motivated individual for the new role of Senior Caseworker based in his Constituency Office in central Havant, Hampshire. The role is full-time (5 days per week) and the successful candidate will join as a new member of an existing casework team.
Alan is open to speaking with any outstanding candidate and will therefore consider arrangements that include some flexible working, including some time working from home for part of the working week. The role is not a job share and cannot be done part-time.
The successful candidate would be proactive, with strong communication, IT, and organisational skills. The role also requires a flexible attitude and the ability to manage constituency casework, correspondence and projects.
An ideal candidate will be familiar with Alan’s constituency and/or the region, and have knowledge of local issues, but this is not a requirement. Previous experience in a similar role is strongly preferred.
Duties could include:
• Corresponding with constituents on casework matters;
• Dealing with a variety of both national policy enquiries and individual casework issues;
• Managing constituency and Westminster projects, including stakeholder engagement;
• Providing briefings on constituency and national casework matters;
• Managing a portfolio of casework and updating constituent database;
• Developing and progressing major constituency campaigns.
Skills and Values:
• Strong communication and organisational skills, and able to take the initiative;
• Hardworking, flexible, pro-active team player, with the ability to work to tight deadlines;
• Excellent IT Skills (Microsoft Office and internet research);
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload under pressure;
• Ability to use casework management software;
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party;
• Full, clean driving licence, and access to own vehicle.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 May 2023
We may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is identified.
Please send a CV and covering letter, including your current and expected salary, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should also include three examples of written work (eg letter, blog, article) from the last 12 months.
Due to the large volume of applications we will be unable to provide individual feedback, and will only contact those invited to interview.