Date Added: 21 April 2023
: 26 May 2023
Job Title: Industrial Policy Officer
Working For: The Association for Decentralised Energy
Salary: £27,500 - £30,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
- 25 days annual leave
- An interest free “new starter” loan of up to £1000 to help you prepare for taking on your new role – be it to support travel arrangements, or to help you get your home office set up in advance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Option to access private health insurance as a benefit in kind
- Pension contributions will be matched up to 8%
- Season ticket loan to help with travel to and from work
- Further education in the area of your work
As the leading trade association for decentralised energy, the Association for Decentralised Energy (ADE) is setting the vision of a local, efficient, low carbon energy system which enables energy users to make the choices which work for them. We represent 160 interested parties from across the energy sector.
About the role
The ADE is recruiting for a Policy Officer, with a specialist focus on industrial energy.
Industrial decarbonisation is one of the most challenging and exciting areas of the UK’s efforts to address climate change. You will work across the UK’s pioneering efforts to create a new hydrogen network system for industrial clusters, pushing for greater clarity and ambition for industrial sites dispersed outside of those clusters and for a continued focus on industrial energy efficiency through technologies such as Combined Heat and Power.
With support from the wider team, you will lead our work in this area, working closely with industrial companies, Government and others.
- Good academic qualifications or substantial work experience in the field;
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills and ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences; and
- Ability to work well, and independently, in a small team environment.
- Knowledge of energy policy;
- Experience of working in a public policy environment
Closing Date: 26 May 2023
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on the closing date.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews during the week of 29th May – 2nd June.
You will be asked to complete a short exercise ahead of or after the interview. Details will be provided in due course.
Send your CV along with a cover letter explaining why the role outlined above is of interest to you and how your experience and skills fit the requirements, to Dina at: email@example.com