Date Added: 26 April 2023
: 1 June 2023
Job Title: Research and Communications officer
Working For: Janet Finch-Saunders MS (Aberconwy)
Location: Cardiff Bay
Salary: £24,143 - £35,388 pro rata
Length of Contract: Permanent
Purpose of Job:
To manage and co-ordinate all support services, including research, administration and casework for the Member of the Senedd. Key tasks will include leading and motivating the staff team and managing budgets and office systems.
- Liaise with members of government and local government, party head quarters, other politicians and their staff, embassies, commissioners, relevant interest groups, the media, relevant voluntary sector organisations and constituents
- Ensure that the Member of the Senedd receives regular invitations to meet and chat with members of groups / organisations, and ensure that visits are recorded on a database
- Prepare and organise plenary speeches and questions
- Co-ordinate with other staff members to maintain appointments diary for the Member
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Some experience of administrative work and knowledge of office systems
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the local area
- Effective IT Skills particularly using Microsoft packages such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, combating discrimination and promoting the equality of opportunities and the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills e.g. English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post.
Closing Date: 1 June 2023
Interview date to be confirmed
To apply, please visit https://senedd.wales/work-opportunities/work-for-a-member-of-the-senedd/work-opportunity-research-and-communications-officer-for-janet-finch-saunders-ms/