Date Added: 26 April 2023
: 31 May 2023
Job Title: Policy Manager (Tech and Impact)
Working For: Public First
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Public First is a specialist consultancy, helping charities, philanthropists, public sector bodies and global brands with strategy and public policy. Based in London, we have worked in more than thirty international markets. We are part think tank, part strategic consultancy, part polling company, part communications agency. In other words, we bring together the different disciplines that supports policy development and helps land it with those that matter.
Our recent projects have included helping:
We take an analytical approach to research, deploying economic modelling, data analysis, and opinion research to shape effective policy, create strategy and deliver communications with impact.
In this role, you will work with our Tech, Data and Polling teams to help research, communicate and explore the impact of new technology.
Examples of the kinds of projects you might work on could be:
- Helping a tech company explain their economic or social impact
- Interviewing small business owners to explore what is holding them back from greater digital adoption
- Producing a literature review on the impact a particular technology has on growth
- Drafting a consumer survey on attitudes towards an emerging technology such as autonomous vehicles or metaverse
The right candidate will have:
- Strong writing and research skills
- Demonstrated interest in tech policy
- Proficiency with spreadsheets
Also desirable would be:
- Existing experience in a policy or public affairs role
- Experience with client or project management
Closing Date: 31 May 2023
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in employment and we would particularly like to encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We all work a mix of in the office and at home, with most people working in our office in central London two days a week. International travel and work would be possible for future projects.
This application will involve a short test prior to the interview which should take no longer than one-two hours.
To apply, please fill in the form here.