Date Added: 3 May 2023
: 2 June 2023
Job Title: : Policy Manager/ Senior Policy Analyst (Environment Lead)
Working For: RenewableUK
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 (dependent upon experience)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Are you interested in shaping the future of renewable energy and environmental policy in the UK?
We are recruiting for a Policy Manager/Senior Policy Analyst to lead our programme of environmental policy work across the renewables industry in the UK.
RenewableUK is the trade association for the renewables industry. RenewableUK members are building our future energy systems, powered by clean electricity and we bring them together to deliver that future faster.
Successful candidates will have experience influencing environmental policy, advocating for offshore and onshore wind as well as emerging technologies. You will be a leading voice on environmental policy issues relating to renewables to senior industry and political figures as we help tackle climate change, the gas crisis, and many other crucial areas of energy policy.
Job duties/key responsibilities
- Develop expertise on environmental issues related to power sector policy, regulation and technical issues
- Lead research and analysis to help develop and communicate policy advice through consultation responses, reports, etc.
- Develop thought leadership pieces on areas related to the clean energy transition
- Lead relevant RenewableUK working groups, task and finish and member forums
- Work closely with our Communications and Public Affairs teams to become a leading voice on environmental issues
- Build effective working relationships with members and a strong network of key stakeholders in the sector and across government
- A degree in a relevant in a field such as Politics, Environmental Science, Public Policy, etc. or equivalent
- Existing experience in a policy landscape is desirable
- Strong interest and understanding of the main topics in renewable energy, the environment and climate change and current affairs
- Excellent writing skills – both short form (e.g. briefing notes) and long form (e.g. reports)
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and presentation skills
- An enthusiastic self-starter, able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Organisation and time management skills - able to juggle competing priorities, meet deadlines and targets
This list of duties is not exhaustive and may change from time to time
Closing Date: 2 June 2023
We will look to start interviews immediately after the closing date
Please send your CV and a one-page covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Environment Policy Lead " in the subject header.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds to join our growing organisation and look to make our recruitment process as accessible as possible. Please let us know in your cover letter if we can support your application in any way.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
Please note that we are unable to provide feedback on individual applications.