Date Added: 5 May 2023
: 5 June 2023
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Pro Bono Economics
Salary: £34,000 to £38,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
About the role
Reporting directly to Pro Bono Economics’ Director of Policy and Communications, you are responsible for public affairs and influencing activity in the organisation, as well as some policy development.
You will work closely with the charity’s Research and Policy team and the Media and Communications Manager to ensure that PBE’s publications are as impactful as possible with policymakers; to build relationships with policymakers as PBE establishes itself as a leading thinktank; and to embed policy impact throughout the whole organisation through upskilling and awareness. Ultimately, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that the research and policy work that PBE undertakes continues to turn into real change – delivering the policies that are needed to support the charity sector to unleash its potential, and to improve the lives of those in society with the lowest wellbeing.
This is a varied and exciting role requiring an agile individual who is responsive to the ever-changing circumstances of the political world and has a strong awareness of political audience and circumstances. The successful candidate should have a genuine interest in current affairs and the role of charities in tackling social issues. This role puts a premium on having excellent communication skills, relationship building skills, interest in the policy environment, and some confidence in policy development.
- Persuading policymakers of the importance of the charity sector, and the need to enact policy changes to unlock the potential of the sector.
- Building and utilising a network of policymakers to champion the importance of policy change that unlocks the potential of the charity sector.
- Guiding and supporting internal research teams and external charities, economic associates, research consultants and communications professionals to ensure that PBE’s work is as impactful as possible with policymakers.
- Building networks and relationships throughout the UK political and think tank world to support PBE’s growing presence as a leading think tank.
- Undertaking policy development to further PBE’s mission.
- Upskilling colleagues and supporting ongoing awareness of the political environment.
- Reporting on PBE’s policy impact, including to the funders which make it possible.
Closing Date: 5 June 2023
To apply: Please go to https://app.beapplied.com/apply/urpaokgtmm