Date Added: 6 May 2023
: 31 May 2023
Job Title: Senior Communications Advisor
Working For: Paula Barker MP (Liverpool Wavertree)
Salary: Paid in Line with IPSA rates
Length of Contract: 12 months Fixed Term with potential to move to permanent
Paula is looking for a highly motivated individual who shares the aims and values of the Labour Party to join her busy and effective team. The successful candidate should have enhanced skills in: press; communication; creative social media content; and, use of social media tools, to support her constituency work & shadow ministerial role.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Design and develop engaging, targeted content and messages across a range of channels
- Ensure online presence is meeting the demands of the constituents, the locality and the MP
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with data protection legislation
- Establish and develop appropriate strategies around social media and online presence in the constituency and beyond. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts.
- Evaluate the impact of external communications activity
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Manage the MP’s website contents
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, shadow ministerial brief and non-party political matters)
- Prepare media briefings
- Proactive and re-active communications with all media
- Provide relevant briefings for the MP
- Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on Social Media
- Research local, regional or national issues to support MPs' work
- Responsible for the management and development of the external communication presence of the MP office
- Support the MP’s office and objectives through highly effective communication and social media presence
- There may be requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal hours and travel for work occasionally
- Establish & maintain all forms of communications in relation to MPs Shadow Ministerial Role
- Accompany MP to media engagements, this may include outside of normal hours
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 May 2023
It is hoped that interviews will take place on Monday 12 June 2023.
Applicants should send their full CV and accompanying letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised it may not be possible to contact all applicants individually. If you have not heard back by Monday 5 June 2023, you have been unsuccessful in being shortlisted for the post.