Date Added: 10 May 2023
: 30 June 2023
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Holly Mumby-Croft MP (Scunthorpe)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Holly Mumby-Croft is seeking a new Parliamentary Assistant to join her team in her Scunthorpe office.
The successful candidate will work closely with Holly and the rest of the team to advance her local campaigns in Parliament and in the constituency. The role will focus heavily on responding to constituents’ political and policy-related enquiries, along with a strong casework and communications element.
Candidates should have the following attributes:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and confidence interacting with, and advocating on behalf of, a wide range of people.
- Excellent research skills.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and manage a busy and diverse workload.
- Personable and able to work as part of a small team.
- Commitment to collaborative working.
- High attention to detail.
- The ability to work with sensitivity, discretion and with a strict adherence to data protection legislation.
- Draft and send responses to a wide range of political and policy-related issues.
- Progress key projects
- Action and resolve constituency casework.
- Assist with research.
- Draft press and social media posts and support wider the communications objectives via the website, mass mailing, newsletters and social media.
- Edit videos and design graphics.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Attend meetings and constituency events with, and on behalf of, the MP when required.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
Previous experience working in a parliamentary or related setting is desirable but not mandatory. Extensive training will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applicants must be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative and Unionist Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 June 2023
Interviews will be considered on a rolling basis with the position being filled before the closing date if the ideal candidate is found.
The successful applicant will be starting shortly after being offered the position.Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Any questions applicants may have about the role should be directed to the same email.