Date Added: 10 May 2023
: 30 May 2023
Job Title: Junior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Bridget Phillipson MP (Houghton & Sunderland South)
Length of Contract: Permanent
An opportunity has arisen to work as a Junior Parliamentary Assistant in Bridget Phillipson MP's Westminster office. Full-time, although part-time hours will be considered.
Responsibilities will include:
• Progressing casework on policy issues – with a focus on constituency cases
• Monitoring trends in casework and the media for potential Parliamentary Questions
• Assisting with research for articles and Parliamentary debates
• Preparing content for social media
• Assisting with arrangements for events and meetings
• Diary management
• Providing general admin support
• Responding to enquiries by telephone and email
• Other tasks as directed by the Senior Parliamentary Assistant, Office Manager or Bridget Phillipson MP
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative and be responsible for own workload
• Awareness and understanding of local and regional political issues
• Ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 May 2023
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a written task to submit by noon on Monday 5th June. Those who pass this stage will be invited to interview. Should you require any special arrangements, please raise this when contacted by us.
Start date by agreement.
Please send your CV (max 2 pages) and 1-page covering letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state clearly - 'Application – Junior Parliamentary Assistant – first name – second name' in the subject line.
Candidates will be notified if they have been shortlisted for interview.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, we regret we shall only be able to provide feedback to those unsuccessful candidates who have been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us by Friday 16 June then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.