Working as a Senior Associate at the Equality and Human Rights Commission, you will contribute to and/or lead work in support of the delivery of our Business Plan. Our Senior Associates have many opportunities for autonomy and responsibility and are able to work effectively across the Commission, contributing to the success of our projects and/or specialist areas of work. Working flexibly and collaboratively, you will be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision and oversight from senior colleagues. You will continue to hone your judgement and professional/technical skills, taking pride in your work and supporting/developing others.
· Research, gather, analyse and evaluate evidence and policy developments and contribute to the writing of reports to ensure our UN Treaty Monitoring reflects the key human rights challenges and progress in Wales and contribute to UN evidence sessions as required.
· Advise Welsh Government and public bodies on implementing recommendations made by UN Treaty Committee and embedding human rights approaches into public services
· Lead on the maintenance and updating of the Human Rights Tracker pages for Wales and deliver training and capacity building sessions on its use, externally and internally.
· Contribute human rights perspectives and agreed recommendations to consultations and reports, including Is Wales Fairer? Lead on consultation development as appropriate
· Contribute Wales evidence, information and horizon scanning to GB human rights led projects and work collaboratively across the Commission.
· Lead on, and where appropriate manage, contracts for the development of civil society shadow reports on UN Treaties, and human rights research in Wales.
· Lead on scoping and developing an human rights based approach in liaison with GB colleagues for application across the Commission and externally.
· The post holder may be required to take on additional responsibilities as and when, required, for example leadership of a protected characteristic or an area of priority focus.