Date Added: 10 May 2023
: 26 May 2023
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer
Working For: Bute Energy
Salary: Circa £45,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Public Affairs Officer will lead communication and engagement activities across the Bute Energy portfolio to support effective project delivery. This role is key to enhance and protect our brand, utilising and strengthening the relevant communication channels to build a strong and lasting presence. The role holder will engage with political and civic society to ensure that Bute Energy and Green GEN Cymru are seen as a positive for Wales.
- Coordinating and delivering corporate public affairs activity and engagement with politicians and governments.
- Represent Bute Energy or Green GEN Cymru in engagement activities/briefings with MPs, MSs, elected members, and local councils in project briefings where necessary.
- Monitoring political and corporate affairs issues in Wales and the wider renewable sector, and where necessary, proposing and coordinating a corporate response or action
- Attending conferences and political events.
- Monitoring consultations from Welsh and UK Governments, Ofgem and other bodies
- Work closely with our project teams to understand key activity and timescales and take action to help them deliver on their objectives
- Work closely with the Community Benefit team to leverage the positives of their activities
- On some occasions you may be asked to be a media spokesperson on behalf of projects
- Horizon scanning of the external environment
Experience & Background
- Proven track record in influencing important external stakeholders (such as Government and Local Authority)
- Proven track record in media relations, sometimes dealing with those of a hostile nature and protecting and maintaining a company brand.
- Experience of developing effective external networks and relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Demonstrable willingness to challenge ways of working, seek and deliver efficiencies and reduce project costs.
- Speaking and writing in Welsh to a high standard is helpful, but not essential.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or significant directly relevant experience
- Background working for a political party or as a public affairs officer in the energy or utilities sector.
- Qualification and professional membership in politics or engagement in advantageous.
Closing Date: 26 May 2023
Interviews will take place in early June.
To apply, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact this email address if you'd like to recieve a full job description.