Date Added: 12 May 2023
: 31 May 2023
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Rt Hon George Eustice MP (Camborne & Redruth)
Salary: £12ph (20 hours a week)
Length of Contract: 12 months
The Rt Hon George Eustice MP is looking for an enthusiastic, organised and hard-working person to join his team for a parliamentary internship. This could be suitable for someone who is currently studying or has an equivalent commitment. The successful applicant will be based in Westminster with some flexibility to work remotely.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start a career working in politics and develop skills within a busy office. This position will engage with various streams of work within the office, including constituency casework, policy and research.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also without supervision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload accordingly
- An understanding of politics and the role of an MP
- A good knowledge of current affairs and policy issues
- A highly motivated individual with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to engage with constituents in an understanding, kind, and compassionate manner
- Excellent IT skills with experience using Microsoft Office
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- Supporting George with drafting policy responses to constituents
- Managing some constituency casework
- Keeping up to date with parliamentary business
- Ensuring professional records are kept adhering to GDPR requirements and respecting confidentiality at all times
- Knowledge of the Camborne & Redruth constituency or Cornwall more broadly
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 May 2023
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis and the successful candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
To start as soon as possible.
Applicants should submit a CV (no more than two sides) and cover letter (no more than one side) detailing why they are suitable for this role and why they would like to work for George Eustice.
Please submit these to firstname.lastname@example.org