Date Added: 15 May 2023
: 30 May 2023
Job Title: Employed Intern
Working For: Lucy Frazer MP (South East Cambridgeshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Fixed-term contract (3-6 months)
The Rt Hon Lucy Frazer KC MP is advertising for an employed intern to work in her Westminster office on a fixed-term contract (3-6 months). The successful applicant will help provide support to other members of the team across a range of areas. The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting on projects.
• Assisting with diary management.
• Assisting/learning how to manage casework.
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as part of training.
• Basic administrative support.
• Learning/assisting in appropriate research.
• Learning/assisting in drafting responses to constituents.
• Open, handle and action email, post and social media enquiries.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to assess and analyse large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Motivation to provide high quality service to constituents.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Word and Outlook).
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 May 2023
Interviews will take place for shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be offered to successful candidates prior to the closing date. Looking for the right individual to start as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and covering letter. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org